[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/src/datasources

Theodore Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:21:19 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 11:08, Andrew Walker wrote:
| At this point lfiio should remain as is, as it will shortly be using
| a database interface to the LFI data. It sounds as if you should simply
| take the elements of lfiio that you need and move them to your all-in-one
| datasource.

There is a problem here, as the current lfiio datasource claims ownership over
*all* general FITS files.  At the minimum, the lfiio datasource needs to have
more specific criteria for determining whether a file is an LFI fits file or
just a general one.

However, it seems like you are saying that the lfiio datasource will soon not
be using FITS files at all?  If that is the case, then once the lfiio
datasource no longer uses FITS, there will be no conflict with fitsgeneral.

Does this make sense, or am I confused about the nature of the lfiio
datasource?

-Ted