[Kst] Outlier filtering

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue May 30 20:05:08 CEST 2006

Every now and so often, a value in the data I am monotoring / plotting with
kst goes 'off': it may be an accidental zero in the stream, or another
really abrupt and really drastic [ several hundred standard deviations ]
jump in one of the series.

I would like to suppress that point. I tried some of the options from the
edit menu as e.g. 'spike insensitive auto scale' for the range, and/or some
of the filters.  No luck, however.   As this is probably a fairly common
operation, I must be missing something obvious.  Hints would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison