[Kst] How do I subset data?

John S. Walker jsw9c at uic.edu
Tue May 23 16:46:41 CEST 2006

G'day,

I'm new to kst so this may be a naive question,

I'm  trying to use kst to browse and analyse my data. The data consists
of traces of muscle force responses to chemical and mechanical
interventions an is about 100 000 data points in length. In several
portions of the record, there is a state transition with an an
exponential rise/decay to the new state. I'd like to be able to isolate
that portion of the record (say by drawing a box around it) and
applying a curve fit to the selected protion of the record; this may
involve re-zeroing the x-axis (substracting the first x-value from all
x-values in the subset) or alternatively inserting an offset into the
equation (i.e. y=a + b*exp(c*(x-d)) where d is the offset). Can this
sort of analysis be performed with kst?  I had a quick try at
subsetting data but couldn't figure it out and the fits seem to be
global. Any hints?

John S. Walker, PhD
Department of Physiology & Biophysics
University of Illinois at Chicago