[Kst] [Bug 124367] New: copying plots in layout mode leads to chaos
nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Mar 27 16:38:59 CEST 2006
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: copying plots in layout mode leads to chaos
AssignedTo: kst kde org
ReportedBy: nicolas.brisset eurocopter com
Version: 1.3.0_devel (using KDE 3.4.0, compiled sources)
Compiler: gcc version 3.4.3
OS: SunOS (sun4u) release 5.8
I was introducing a new user to the joys of kst, and... the demonstration was not as convincing as I would have liked :-(
I have not yet completely figured out the problem, but there are *strange* things happening, apparently linked with copying plots (RMB in layout mode, I have not checked whether Crtl+C/Ctrl+V does the same). I suspect something is really wrong somewhere, as I have even had crashes like:
Assertion failed: _geom.left() >= 0 && _geom.top() >= 0 && !_geom.size().isNull(), file kstviewobject.cpp, line 1397
KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
So, I am going to try and give you hints to reproduce the problem, but I'm not quite sure yet what is wrong...
1) kst -w gyrodata.dat, create the 3 curves in one window
2) display the legend in plot P1
3) create a new window W2
3) layout mode: P1 RMB->copy to W2
4) first problem: the legend is not displayed
5) (that's where you have to be inventive !) play around with the plots, change some settings and contents, save and reload the file and at some point you'll notice bad problems like some plots not being saved/reloaded properly, broken geometries, duplicate plots where there shouldn't be, crashes, etc... Hint: it seems that the key to breaking things is saving/reloading.
More information about the Kst