[Kst] Object shuffle in libkst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jun 19 16:16:37 CEST 2006

Later today or tomorrow I am going to reshuffle some objects in libkst in
order to finish of the fix for deadlocks in plugins.  All primitive objects
can have "providers", and need to lock those providers.  Locking a provider
objects (dataobject), however, requires locking the inputs and outputs, which
in turn tries to lock the original object that triggered the lock.  There are
two types of deadlocks introduced by this.  By far the biggest problem was
with KstVector, and I fixed it already in trunk.  In order to fix this for
strings, scalars, and matrices, I want to introduce a new base class between
those objects and KstObject which reworks the locking and contains the
"provider" logic.  It will require a full recompile of everything and will
touch a number of files.  As long as my last commit didn't introduce any new
regressions, I will go forward with this change within the next 24 hours.