[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/src/libkstapp

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Jun 2 14:54:45 CEST 2006

> > There is no way for the user to now set the padding. The user has
> > control only over the _legendMargin. This was probably different in
> > the past and whoever made the change did not consider the
> repercussions.
>
>   There is via KstScript.  The user can change both.  This is
> specifically why hacking around functionality and design is
> wrong.  Now matter which way it is done, something is
> "broken".
Sounds right...

>  I would rather we know that old Kst files are
> broken in this respect and tell users to fix it by typing in
> a bit of script or recreating their legends
Sounds bad :-( I'd rather not be the guy who has to tell all users that
the files they have from a prior version all need to be hacked via
scripts or redone. Either we provide such a script, and open a window to
explain users what they have to do (which should not be more than
invoking a command with a list of files) when we face that case, or we
do it automatically at next save. Unfortunately, not everybody is a
hacker :-)