[Kst] Events and historical data

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Jul 26 17:49:01 CEST 2006

   I've been getting requests to "fix" events in Kst when used with historical
data.  The problem is that we don't really support this at all.  How should
we deal with it?  How often should an event trigger, when should it trigger,
and which types of actions should happen when scrolling data?  What would the
cut-off point be? (ie: right-edge, left-edge, centre, scroll-direction-edge,
user-defined, other?)  What do we do with Y-scrolling?  For that matter, how
do we deal with plots that have multiple Y for a given X?  It almost seems to
me that this concept begs for a "cursor".

   Points of interest:  People seem to be using the scripting hooks but I
haven't seen anyone using the other types of event actions.  Maybe we should
focus on this as the common case.  It seems more useful to me anyway.