[Kst] Binding TODO

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Jan 15 00:20:07 CET 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 15:03, Barth Netterfield wrote:

> We want to either interpret according to one of the different methods, and
> display according to one of the different methods, or not interpret.
>
> One thing we want, but don't (quite) have is a sticky default
> interpretation type which is set in the settings dialog (we have something
> there, but it doesn't behave correctly): planck would us TIA, BLAST would
> use ctime. Then we would p.xaxis.interpret=true, in which case we would get
> the default interpretation.  If we wanted to change it, we would call:
> p.xaxis.interpretation = ???
> p.xaxis.display = ???

  Ok I think this works.  I will make the interpretation and display types an
enumeration.  Next question, which ones can we leave out?  I think it's crazy
to have KDE* and QT*, for instance.  We should have "LocalizedShort",
"LocalizedLong".

> >    I guess we want these to be slots:
> >
> > void scaleAuto([bool spikeInsensitive = false])
> > void scaleAC() <-- need a better name.  suggestions?
> > void scaleByExpression(string minExpression, string maxExpression)
> > string minimumScaleExpression (read-only)
> > string maximumScaleExpression (read-only)
> >
> >    The last question is, does "string scaleMode  (read-only)" make sense
> > in terms of using it from the script side besides for display purposes?
> > Or should we use an enumeration?  See
> > http://kst.kde.org/kstscript/docs/Line.html for an example.
>
> I don't like the way this interface works either, but I don't know the
> correct way to do it.  There are a bunch of different scale modes, and they
> all require different requirements.  Hmmm....

  Ok I'm going to go with an enumeration for now.  Gives us flexibility later.