[Kst] Hierarchy branch close to merge

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Dec 18 19:16:47 CET 2006

> It would be great if people could try it out and let me know
> if they run into any issues. We'll be merging the changes
> into trunk soon.
I'm not sure everybody is proficient enough with svn/weird KDE configs
to really know how to do that. So here is a recipe:
% svn co https://[user]@svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kst/hierarchy
or if you don't have an svn account something like svn co
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kst/hierarchy (untested,
does not work from behind a proxy)
% cd hierarchy
% make -f Makefile.cvs
% ./configure --prefix=/tmp/kst_test
% make && make install
% export KDEDIRS=/tmp/kst_test:$KDEDIRS
% export PATH=/tmp/kst_test/bin:$PATH
% export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/kst_test/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
% kbuildsycoca (not sure this is required, but it should not hurt)

and now "kst" should start the test one, without breaking the normal
install. When you're done testing, you can safely remove /tmp/kst_test
:-)