[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/src/plugins/interpolations

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Thu Dec 14 17:57:43 CET 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 11:45 am, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> This series of plugins seems to be a good candidate for grouping. I
> think it would be nice to have an extended plugin providing its own UI
> (with a combobox to select the type of interpolation and type-specific
> parameters). That would also help others get started writing more
> powerful plugins with custom UIs, as a good example is worth a lot of
> documentation ! Plus, it would allow to check that the new plugin system
> provides all that's needed (though I guess you have checked that
> already). Are there actually plugins in trunk that provide custom UIs
> right now ?

Yes, I thought about making this into one giant plugin...  It wouldn't be
hard, but I didn't want to mess that much with the original author's plugins.

As for your question, yes, there is a plugin in trunk that provides a custom
UI and is a direct inheritor of kstdataobject --> the cross power spectrum
plugin.  This can be used as an example of how to go about creating more
powerful plugins that have a custom creation dialog.

Cheers,

Adam