[Kst] [Bug 124090] Add plot manager to Kst
nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Apr 4 23:26:41 CEST 2006
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
------- Additional Comments From nicolas.brisset eurocopter com 2006-04-04 23:26 -------
COOL ! This has a lot of potential. Let's just make it perfect ;-)
> -DnD should move, not copy
Not necessarily. I think both are needed. Maybe either modifier keys to choose (Ctrl+drag = copy, simple drag = move) or konqueror's way (with a popup dialog) ?
> -The tree should update on changes (already mentioned above)
> -rmb option on curves should be "remove" not "delete"
I agree. I have not looked at the code to see whether it removes the curve from the plot or destroys the curve, but it should only be removed.
> -"cleanup layout" should be available from the rmb menu for windows.
Now, if you'll allow I'd like to add some:
1) I'd move the menu entry to the "Tools" menu, and call it "Plot organizer" or "Plot manager" instead of "view manager" which I think is too vague. While we are at it, maybe we should also move the data manager to the Tools menu ?
2) the dialog should allow to drag and drop curves around in the plots (and plots in the windows), by using an approach like keditbookmarks (the drop targets are inserted between items, making it clear what the final order will be). Note that organizing the order of curves within plots of that of plots within windows is an often requested feature (hence bug #120329).
3) it would be nice to have shortcuts to develop and collapse all or just one window(s) (maybe rmb menu for window entries ?)
4) adding a "properties" colum like in the data manager sounds like a good idea: there is plenty of room and sometimes names aren't so explicit
5) view objects seem to have a tendency to grow bigger when they are moved (or rather copied, as it stands) to other plots.
More information about the Kst