[Kst] kst 1.0 install on SuSE

Ted Bartlett ted.bartlett at tesltd.com
Tue Sep 13 18:53:15 CEST 2005

Sorry to bug you but I have had no success generating the make file for
KST 1.0 on SuSE and couldn't find any answers on the net :( Not being a
programmer looking atthe script didn't help me either.

I have KDE 3.4.0 installed on SuSE 9.1. The kde directory is under
/opt/kde3, the kde-config is in /opt/kde3/bin which is in the usr PATH.
Running the following all return the same error:

 ./configure --disable-debug --prefix=`/opt/kde3/bin/kde-config --prefix`
 ./configure --disable-debug --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

./configure --prefix=/opt --enable-final

These were run as a usr and as root but returned the following:

"in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!"

I would be very grateful if you could give me some pointers on how to
resolve this.

many thanks
Ted

Ted Bartlett
Terra Energy Services

Direct line: 00 27 (0)31 7671585
Mobile: 00 27 (0)73 4603100
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail and any attachment is confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient or you receive this e-mail in error, lease
notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another
person or take or print copies or use it for any other purpose, but delete
it immediately.
VIRUSES:  We offer no guarantees that this e-mail or any attachment will
be received error or virus free and accept no responsibility whatever in
this
regard.

SECURITY:  This transmission is not guaranteed as secure.  We do not
e-mail which results from this transmission.