[Kst] healpix now GPL'd

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:41:57 CEST 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 06:05, George Staikos wrote:
>    How do you want to do the detection?  Prefer one over the other but
> check for both?  Or configure flags?  Or a combination of both with one
> overriding the other?

As currently implemented, it checks for chealpix first then hpic (see
configure.in.in).  However- the only code that is actually not already built
in to the datasource is the pix <--> ang functions.  Soon hpic will be using
a version of code for this ported from the c++ healpix (it is much faster
than the current hpic implementation).

So my plan is to just include these functions as well in the datasource and
remove any external dependence on healpix libraries.  If cfitsio is
installed, the healpix datasource will be built.

Does this sound ok to everyone?

-Ted