[Kst] treatment of invalid data in KstImage

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:25:53 CEST 2005

In KstMatrix, it is possible for some elements to be infinite or NAN.
Currently, KstImage draws these matrix elements as the first color in the
palette.  This is confusing since invalid data will then have the same color
as normal data that is simply off-scale.

I think that the correct thing to do is to paint these pixels the current
background color (KstSettings::globalSettings()->backgroundColor).
Unfortunately this class is compiled into libkstapp, and I need to access it
from KstImage.cpp, which is in libkstmath.

What is the most technically correct way to make KstSettings available
globally?

-Ted