[Kst] debian unstable X errors (WAS: kst-1.1.0 and svn HEAD X Errors)

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:51:45 CEST 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 13:37, Ted Kisner wrote:
> I'm not sure if KDE 3.4.2 included in debian unstable has been patched.
> However, I think the fact that we can compile kdelibs and kst means that
> this is not an issue (i.e, it dealt with ui files during compile time).

I looked through the changelog for the qt-x11-free source.  Version 3.3.5 does
have a patch that disables the "includehints" in Qt.  Based on the changelog,
a lot of things have changed between the version in stable (3.3.4-3) and the
one in unstable (3.3.5-1).

I am currently trying to build the Qt packages from stable on my sid machine
with gcc 4.0.2.  I'm not sure it will even compile properly, but will be
interesting to see if the older version of Qt will prevent these X errors.

> The KDE website explicitly says to *NOT* use Qt 3.3.5 with KDE 3.4/3.5, but
> I don't know if this ui issues is the only reason...  I'm assuming that the
> debian-kde people know what they are doing in choosing to use Qt 3.3.5 ;-)
> Hopefully any necessary patches have been applied...

Looks like some kind of patch has been applied, but not sure if this makes Qt
3.3.5 "ok" for use with KDE 3.4/3.5.

-Ted