[Kst] debian unstable X errors (WAS: kst-1.1.0 and svn HEAD X Errors)

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:49:42 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 10:35, George Staikos wrote:
>  Ah, this would certainly be the case.  Changing gcc from v3 to v4 requires
> a recompile of -all- C++ libraries.  The ABI changed.

correct, and I was under the impression from other mailing lists that this
transition in debian was essentially done.  The default compiler is now gcc
4.0.2.  If an essential package was "missed", and some libraries remain
compiled with gcc 3.x, then I would expect a problem- but I would expect to
see it in all KDE apps.  Unless perhaps there is a specific c++ library that
kst uses which nothing else does.  Anyway, I feel that this is most probably
a debian issue, not a kst one.

-Ted