[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst/datasources/healpix

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 02:39:29 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 17:23, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> On this topic, I think I need to write an KstRgbImage which is a kstImage
> but which takes three matrixes as the Red, Green, and Blue bands...

Yes- at some point we will end up with all sorts of display types, each of
which takes one or more scalars, vectors, and matrices and describes how to
combine that data and paint it.

Eventually, this situation will just be screaming to be made into a more
modular framework :-)  And then in the Data Manager, we'll still have buttons
for "create a new {vector, matrix, plugin, equation, etc}", but then we'll
have a combobox listing all available "basecurves" currently on the system
(curve, histogram, power spectrum, image, csd, vector field, rgb image, etc).

We are almost all the way there with the KstBaseCurve.  Hopefully when we
really need the extra modularity (when the data manager is too big for the
screen because of all the buttons on the left), it won't be too hard to
implement...

-Ted