[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst/datasources/healpix

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 02:18:08 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 16:50, George Staikos wrote:
>   Send me a note if you have any questions or problems.  This stuff is a
> bit of black magic still.

Yes, in my previous (small) forays into KDE programming, I did all the
signal / slot stuff by hand.  Now I'm just trying to figure out qt designer.
I currently have a nice *.ui file created with designer and am working on
figuring out how the source generation works.  I'm assuming that the end
result from designer should be the *.ui file, a header file declaring all the
slots, etc and a *.cpp file with blank slot functions that I can fill in?

Hopefully this is the correct end goal from designer, and it's just a matter
of time for me to get there ;-)

> > Y). 5.  new "vector field" basecurve that takes 4 vectors and plots them
> > as a vector field with options like size of arrowhead, etc.
>
>   I would definitely be interested in hearing what your experiences are
> here too.

don't worry- I'll send out a detailed plan to the list before sitting down to
write the code.  This will hopefully be of general usefulness.

Also, I think maybe the axis problem is not really a problem after all.  I
think if I specify a negative value for KstMatrixData->yStepSize when calling
readMatrix, then the axes should show up correctly.  I'll give it a try.

-Ted