[Kst] PSD questions

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Nov 8 20:04:31 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 10:02, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> > Two things
> > 1) What is the default apodizing function used in the PSD computation.
> > Maybe you should give the name of the function instead of "default"
>
> I agree.
>
> > 2) Could we have the possibility to interpolate NAN values in the PSD
> > computation ?
> > It does not seem very complicated to implemented and would be very
> > useful for us.
>
> It would slow things down in the common case: we would have to have it be
> an option.  "( ) interpolate NaN's"

  That will still slow down the common case.  The way I see it, we have to
create a function pointer that points to implementions of different PSD
approaches and choose the right one accordingly.  Slowing down PSDs is the
last thing we want based on the recent profiles.  The tradeoff is that we
have code duplication.  Maybe we can work around this with the preprocessor
and/or the build system somehow.