[Kst] Healpix

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:57:05 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 11:39, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> I just demoed the healpix image reading to some folk around here, and
> people are pretty excited.  WCJ has even decided he will upgrade from
> Debian Depricated and kst 0.9 for this....

yeah, it's great for quick viewing- lack of different projections and a
suitable z-axis color wedge make it somewhat limited for publications still.
Having said that, I fully intend to use kst for healpix plots in my thesis,
and hence I am highly motivated to get the renderer stuff done for version
1.3 ;-)

> When is our planned DR snapshot?  End of the week?

RELEASE_PLAN says Nov. 4, but I have no preference.  The only things remaining
on my end are:

1.  update man page
2.  healpix testcase
3.  try lots of strange types range configurations to make sure nothing breaks

-Ted