[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Nov 1 23:42:17 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 17:34, Ted Kisner wrote:
> ok, I admit I'm just learning the details here...  Basically the way it
> currently works is that KstImage just parses the dom, and adds the name of
> the matrix to the inputMatrixLoadQueue value list.  It does not actually
> add the matrix pointer to _inputMatrices.  When the KstImage::update method
> is called, it tries to access a null pointer with KstMatrix::minX();

  Right.  It should never have such a case, though, since update() is only
supposed to be called from the update thread and the update thread is blocked
while loading a document (until after loadInputs() happens).

> In the other constructors, this is a non-issue, since the KstImage gets
> passed a pointer to the desired matrix.

  Yes, it's just an issue with loading due to dependencies.

> So when is the proper time to load a matrix into the _inputMatrices of the
> Image?  It has to happen before KstImage::update- or we need to change
> KstImage to just not do anything if it doesn't have a valid matrix pointer
> (but we still need to load it eventually).

  I'm most interested to see when this update is being called, because it
should never happen.  Then we can determine the best solution.