[Kst] Crash trace...

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 21:46:23 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 15:33, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> What are the problems with letting the user shrink to 0 size?

   What does it mean for a "view object" to have 0 size?  It means it doesn't
exist...  It's virtually impossible for the user to manipulate it then too.
If it's impossible to manipulate or see, then how and why was it created in
the first place?

> It seems to me that we will be chasing opportunities for user foolishness
> all day, when all we need to do is Andrew's Guard (or am I missing
> something?)

  That guard has to be propagated to at least as many places (all view
objects, layout algorithms, etc).  Right now there is a precondition (and
that's why there was an assert()) that objects must have content (ie. have a
non-null pixmap).  The user interaction implementation is breaking that
precondition.