staikos at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 17:07:27 CET 2005
CVS commit by staikos:
M +5 -8 updates.txt 1.6
--- kdeextragear-2/kst/devel-docs/updates.txt #1.5:1.6
@@ -45,12 +45,9 @@
- > 0 is a sequenced update. Use the helper method in KstObject to
determine if you should update or not
- - < 0 is a forced update. It is still sequenced inline with the positive
- updates. Think of it as a one-bit flag set. Use the usual test
- In a sense, this somewhat breaks behaviour from previous Kst versions for
- data sources. In the past, -1 was always used for "force". This was not
- particularly documented though, so I think it's OK. Objections are welcome
- in which case we have to come up with a different workaround.
+ - < 0 is deprecated and won't happen again in future Kst releases.
+ - updates only happen from the update thread.
+ - replace update(-1) to setDirty() and a mechanism to tell the update loop
+ to start again immediately at next opportunity (no delay).
+- 'Pause' only pauses data sources.
More information about the Kst