[Kst] creating a new datasource reader

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Mar 16 16:11:57 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 09:12, Kimberly Scott wrote:
> I have been following the template in Appendix C of the KST handbook to
> create a datasource reader for netCDF files.  I have finished writing
> the code for the .h and .cpp files and have also made the .desktop file.
> Following the instructions in Appendix C, I edited
> kst/datasources/Makefile.am so that SUBDIRS contains the name of this new
> subdirectory, and I created a Makefile.am file in this new subdirectory.
>
> However, when I try to compile, I get the following error message:
> >> ./configure
> >> cd kst-1.0.0/kst/kst/datasources/netcdf
> >> make
>
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
>
> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, and what this error message means?

   It probably means that you don't have the CDF libraries installed, or they
were not found by Kst.  If you run ./configure --help you will see some Kst
options.  One of them is:

  --with-cdf=DIR          where the root of CDF is installed

   This will help Kst find CDF.  You can then watch the configure output as it
runs (or after) to see if it was able to find the CDF libraries.  It wlil
look something like:

checking for CDFlib in -lcdf... yes

   Does that help?