[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 16 01:24:50 CET 2005

In principle, one could shrink the window to zero (perhaps make it small, then
turn on the toolbar/statusbar).  While it is hard to imagine when this could
be useful, it is similarly hard to argue that we should prevent it, or that
kst should die if it happens....

Baring recent changes, kst has a minimum size for the window.  With the
statusbar and toolbar off, a usable plot gets drawn.  With them on, the draw
space is not zero, but is too small to draw a plot.  It is possible (I
haven't verified this) that with an appropriately huge menu font, the minimum
size would allow the pixmap size to shrink to zero.

I think that the correct behavior should be:
-no preset minimum size.
-kst should happily sit with a zero sized window until it gets made larger
again.

But I don't feel strongly enough to suggest that anyone do anything about
it....

cbn