[Kst] Kst generalized "plotsource"

Theodore Kisner kisner at physics.ucsb.edu
Tue Jun 7 19:41:19 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 10:24, Andrew Walker wrote:
> I think this sounds like an excellent idea, as Kst2DPlot
> shouldn't really know how to plot a curve or image. A
> Kst2DPlotSource sounds like a good approach to this.

ok- thanks for the feedback.  I am completely open to suggestions for a better
way of implementing this kind of generalization- I just think we need *some*
kind of generalization.

I just wanted to stir up some discussion and see what kind of plans George,
Barth and others had in mind.  Rather than start in on some kind of "hacked"
support for healpix plotting that later has to be re-done, I would prefer to
spend my time helping out with the necessary framework to make it easy to add
new types of plots.

cheers,

-Ted