[Kst] Passing strings to plugins ?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 19:36:00 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 10:21, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> I remember George saying it was possible to pass strings to plugins. I
> wanted to use that, but I can't find it documented anywhere. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated :-)

   If you pass in strings, then your function header will look like this:

Plugin(inVectors, inVectorLens, inScalars, outVectors, outVectorLens,
outScalars, inStrings (array of const char*), outStrings (array of char *)[,
localdata])

   They are presently latin1 encoded but it might make sense to use UTF8
instead.  I'm not sure...