[Kst] Build error

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 00:03:08 CET 2005

> > /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
> > index.docbook:26: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"

>    Not sure yet but I guess it's due to an older KDE install.  Phil, any
> ideas how to fix this?

(I had to cheat and ask Lauri, but anyway...)

Can you process any other KDE DocBook documents with meinproc? If not, then
there might be a problem with the Kst Handbook itself, although I think this
is unlikely.

The most likely thing is, like George says, mismatched KDE versions. If you
have two different versions of meinproc installed, make sure that the correct
one is being called for the compilation. Also, make sure that KDEDIR or
KDEDIRS are set to the directory of your newest KDE install.

If none of those work, you might have one of the libxml2 versions that don't
like KDE. If there are more recent versions of libxml2 and/or libxslt
available for your distro, you might want to try installing them.

If you still can't get the docs to build, you could try asking on
kde-doc-english at kde.org .

Regards,
Philip