[Kst] Systematic problems

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jan 14 03:33:31 CET 2005

While doing some other testing here, I came across a few problems, mostly in
the data wizard.  The first is an assert:

#11 0x41347573 in __assert_fail () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#12 0x081117aa in KstViewObject::resize (this=0x8bf5df8, size=@0xbfffd4e8)
    at kstviewobject.cpp:373
#13 0x080cc697 in Kst2DPlot::resize (this=0x8bf5df8, size=@0xbfffd4e8)
    at kst2dplot.cpp:1959
#14 0x08113088 in KstViewObject::cleanup (this=0x8bf3b90, cols=-1)
    at kstviewobject.cpp:547
#15 0x0812d3ff in KstTopLevelView::cleanup (this=0x8bf3b90, cols=-1)
    at ksttoplevelview.cpp:955
#16 0x0808ebae in KstTopLevelView::createPlot<Kst2DPlot> (this=0x8bf3b90,
    name=@0xbfffd6b0) at ksttoplevelview.h:125

This happened when I tried to create too many plots in one window.  The reason
is obvious.  The question is, how do we deal with this?  Should we refuse to
create plots when the size would be < (some value) in either dimension?
Should we force creation of a new tab/window?  Another approach?

The other problems are much easier and I'll try to take care of them asap:
we should only do that once
- it also constantly does a relayout.  we should only do that once per window