[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst/datasources/cdf

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Jan 6 10:58:39 CET 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 23:21, George Staikos wrote:
> fix uninitialized variable
Could that be linked with the _major_ memory allocation problem I met
yesterday when trying to load a test-case document with cdf data (the one
George has) ?
My PC froze in the middle of the operation (the only way out being a hard
reset :-(). Investigating a bit further, it turns out that at some point, kst
starts allocating memory at a crazy pace. While the first variables read
slowly increase memory consumption, when reaching a particular variable
things turn bad and I only have a couple of seconds left to kill kst before
my machine is locked, out of RAM (384 MB + 800 MB swap, of which 900 are free
at the beginning !).
Interestingly, the same file loads without problem on my Sun station here, and
memory usage is normal.