[Kst] netCDF datasource

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Feb 4 17:56:30 CET 2005

You’ll find attached to this mail the netCDF (http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/index.html) datasource I have written. I believe it is much "cleaner" than the CDF datasource as the netCDF API itself is better.
I tested it with some files and it apparently works well. It detects scalar variables and allows to load them as vectors. I have not implemented the possibility to use changing files (read: some infos are cached and update does not do anything) but that could probably be changed if needed.

I’m only sending the 3 files to add to a kst/kst/datasources/netcdf directory as I’m still having trouble using autotools (I always need to “post-tweak” the Makefiles ☹). I'll leave it to you (George ?) to add the proper lines in Makefile.am and other places. The relevant information in that respect is that we need the following header: netcdfcpp.h and the two libs: libnetcdf and libnetcdf_c++ (note: I seems that only static libs are compiled in the standard netcdf install).

If you have questions, note that I'll be on vacation from tonight until Feb. 14th. I'll gladly answer e-mails after that date.