[Kst] [Bug 118807] New: Change data file bug causes inconsistent state
nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Dec 21 17:41:01 CET 2005
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: Change data file bug causes inconsistent state
AssignedTo: kst kde org
ReportedBy: nicolas.brisset eurocopter com
Version: 1.2.0_devel (using KDE 3.4.0, compiled sources)
Compiler: gcc version 3.4.3
OS: SunOS (sun4u) release 5.8
I don't know how bad that can become (crashes ?), but it is certainly not clean. To reproduce:
- load vector 1 vs INDEX from gyrodata.dat with the datawizard
- go to the plot, and show the legend
- Tools->Change data file: select both vectors, check duplicate with dependents, select the same gyrodata.dat file (the problem was found using different data files, but this is simpler to test)
- Hit "Apply": two new vectors are created and one curve is added to the plot (so far, so good)
- select the first 2 vectors again, and hit "Apply" again
- 1'' and INDEX'' get created, and one curve is added to the legend with the same name as the previous one. However, it does not appear in the data manager !!
- plot dialog->Content: remove the last curve, apply: it goes away
- try to add the last curve again, when you hit apply it can't be added because kst thinks it's already there
There are other weird effects throughout kst, and I don't know how bad it can become. But this certainly needs to be fixed. I don't know whether the problem is name truncation due to the "'" characters being appended (and linked with bug #118737). Note that the data wizard appends "-[number]" in the same case).
More information about the Kst