[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Dec 18 02:15:03 CET 2005

Quoting Andrew Walker <arwalker at sumusltd.com>:

> SVN commit 489316 by arwalker:
>
> CCBUG:118148 no longer display borders for transparent label - this is
> consistent with legend behaviour

   This is inconsistent with all the other bordered view objects though.
Furthermore it's certainly the wrong place to put this kind of thing.  If the
goal is really to have a feature like this, it should be inside
KstBorderedViewObject since the transparent property belongs to even a base
class of that.  Circumventing the base class can cause unexpected results when
other changes are made in the future.

   Anyway I don't see why we should force borders and anything else in that base
class to be disabled if the transparent bit is set.  This is for the user to
decide.  We could put a helper in the UI, but I don't like disabling it like
this.  (And I don't really consider this to be a bugfix at this point.)