[Kst] JS in Kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Dec 2 01:16:02 CET 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 19:05, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> OK.  Then I am pretty certain that we are going to want to be able to
> reference a plot, or other object, by tagname:
> maybe:
>
> 	children.find("P2")
>
> This will be useful/important for all kstobjects.

   I agree.  The bindings are horribly incomplete still.  The problem is very
carefully defining the API in all these respects.  I can list endless numbers
of these things.

   One thing that can be done is users can make a "standard library" in a .js
file and load it on startup.

   One more thing, I forgot, we do have "find()".  It works like this:

window.view.children["P1"]

  You can index collection classes by tagname too.  Nice feature I added, I
think. :-)