[Kst] [Bug 110731] New: Save As... doesn't remember the directory of last save
matt at truch.net
Sat Aug 13 23:57:51 CEST 2005
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: Save As... doesn't remember the directory of last save
AssignedTo: kst kde org
ReportedBy: matt truch net
Version: 1.2.0_devel (using KDE KDE 3.4.0)
kst's save as... dialog doesn't remember the directory that you were last in; each time you use it, it puts you in the CWD of the kst instance you are running. It would make more sense if kst remembered the directory you were last saving in, at least in the same instance of kst.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start kst in some directory, eg your $HOME directory.
2. Plot some data or whatever.
3. Save As... the current instance as foo.kst in some other directory, like $HOME/kst/
4. Modify the plots and/or plot more data etc.
5. Save As... the current instance as bar.kst. Note how it brought you back to $HOME, not $HOME/kst/ where you were last.
In the same (running) instance of kst, kst remembers the directory you last saved in and that is where the save as dialog starts next time. Also, if you start kst from some directory, and then open a .kst file from some other directory from within kst, that should be the new default location for save as... of any new .kst files saved for that kst instance.
Note that Export to Graphics File already has this behavior (of remembering the directory of last save).
More information about the Kst