[Kst] Re: NetCDF source

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Fri Apr 8 09:13:15 CEST 2005

> On Thursday 07 April 2005 14:41, George Staikos wrote:
> > > 6) 3D functions as there are in qtiplot or labplot
>
> These look great on web pages, but I have not found them to
> be terribly useful in our area of work.  What would others
> use them for?
I would use them to plot 3D helicopter trajectories for instance, or the
variation of some parameter (e.g. power) against a combination of others
(e.g. forward and longitudinal speed) as a 3D surface. There are in fact
very many uses of this, but it is right that it is much more
specialized, and can probably be done with other tools (I have used
OpenDX for this in the past, and know of people using Tecplot).

> We currently have colour maps and countour plots.
I'll have to try them out, but the last time I tried I found it a bit
difficult to load data into a matrix, and furthermore I mostly have
irregular grids, which do not seem to be handled yet... I must admit I
have not looked at this seriously, though...