[Kst] ASCII datasource options

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Apr 4 17:33:19 CEST 2005

George,

I have just installed a fresh KDE 3.4 system on my Solaris box. While I
was at it, I installed a recent CVS snapshot of kst. This showed that it
is getting difficult for me to maintain my ASCII datasource with many
options (that some of my colleagues have started using) while you
continue changing the 'official' one :-) We started discussing this some
time ago, but I currently do not have time to send you smaller,
incremental patches as you suggested back then :-(
Is there any chance you could have a deeper look at my version shortly,
and let me know how you believe we should proceed ? I tried to make it
as general and efficient as possible while preserving backwards
compatibility (until your recent commit with "interpret ... as"), and I
believe my changes do not contain too many bugs and would interest (or
at least not bother) a vast majority of users. Of course, I understand
ASCII is a central datasource and commits to it must be reviewed with
care. I just hope you (or another "real" developer) can take some time
to help integrate my changes before it becomes too difficult...