[Kst] curve hints

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Sep 21 18:01:06 CEST 2004

   I think that we can easily add functionality to data objects to make curve
production easier.  We could add something to the effect of:

QMap<QString, QPair<QString, QString> > curveHints() const;

   Then we could add a menu entry to the data manager and perhaps also the
dialogs saying to automatically produce the curves (one or more) described
there.  This would even scale to plugins nicely, because they could describe
this in the XML file.  It would be very nice for plugins and data objects
which produce multiple possible curves too.  Does this sound like a good
idea?