[Kst] New Idea for Filters

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Oct 21 18:34:08 CEST 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 12:19, George Staikos wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2004 12:14, Andrew Walker wrote:
> > I don't see why you would want to remove it, as it identifies
> > what can be used as a filter. I'm not sure what you are trying
> > to do here, but I don't believe there's any need for changes.
> > If you're doing this to make filters work in equations then
> > feel free to add new fields, but I'd rather that you left the
> > working ones alone.
>
>   We now have two tags identifying something as a filter.  If there is an
> input and an output, there's no reason to say "there will be an input and
> an output" separately.  It's just confusing, which started this whole
> thread in the first place.

  Ok I just read through the code and I see how it was done.  You have the
attributes on the filter node itself.  I was imagining it to be done by
putting the attributes on the input and output node that was in question.  I
guess the filter node can't be removed without removing those attributes.
It's not worth changing at this point.