[Kst] QWidget* for plugins ?

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Oct 19 16:52:25 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 16:46, George Staikos wrote:
>   Mostly because the spec we implemented doesn't support it, and because
> those plugins were designed for an application other than Kst, with no Qt
> even. Furthermore they are supposedly written in C or Fortran.
OK, but isn't it possible to implement this in a backward-compatible way by
adding new nodes in the .xml ?
If there are only current nodes, it works the way it does.
If there are new nodes (<qtplugin> ?), it uses a different mechanism to load
the plugin.

Another thing I'd like in the same spirit is the possibility of specifying
default values for float inputs. It seems some plugins can do it, but I
couldn't figure out how (looked only quickly).