[Kst] 1.0.0 not working too good :-(

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Tue Nov 30 19:01:38 CET 2004

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 18:29, George Staikos wrote:
>    Are you sure it there are too many updates, or is something else
causing
> the slowdown?
in the command line where kst was started from, it says too often:
kst: register doc changed
kst: Update plots
kst: Update data dialogs

where it seems the first line is not so much of a problem as UI freezing
comes
with "Update plots"about 1 second later than the "register doc changed"
line.
Moreover, in my Oct snapshot I get
kst: register doc changed
on every zoom operation, but not the other two lines and the UI is always
nice
and responsive.

I have very many windows with an awful lot of plots, curves and equations so

that the updates are really long even on a very fast machine.

By the way, I have just removed grid lines from some plots where the curves
did not show, and I can't see them better so that the problem probably lies
elsewhere.