[Kst] 1.0.0 not working too good :-(

Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Nov 29 19:04:04 CET 2004

Hi everybody,

I have finally taken some time to download and install version 1.0.0, and
even
though there are some cool things in it, we have a couple of bad problems.
I'd like to mention 3 really annoying ones now:
1) far too many updates when zooming/maximizing as compared to previous
version (snapshot from 0ct. 6th). As we have crowded windows/plots, it takes

a LOT of time during which the UI is not responsive. It just feels really
bad
now that we've got used to the fast and crisp response kst normally
provides.
If anybody has hints as to the reason for this, I'd like to narrow it down
some easier to track problem before putting it into bugzilla. Note that we
pause kst (toolbar button) as we don't use streaming data anyway.
2) curve painting is sometimes broken (see attached screenshot for an
example,
you can only see spurious points around the 1.0 line, when it should
actually
display a solid line)
3) labels are sometimes cropped off (see attached screenshot, y axis labels
on
the left)

Of course, I'll make bugzilla entries as soon as I can, but I thought I'd
post
some news on the list first in case I don't get to doing the bugzilla thing
before some time... In case it helps, I am using a Solaris 8 machine.

I am sorry to post such bad news when I really like kst so much, but I was
soooo disappointed having to switch back to the Oct. snapshot... I hope the
problems can be found and ironed out quickly :-)