[Kst] Development Status

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Nov 24 08:49:37 CET 2004

In case it wasn't clear, HEAD is open for bugfixes and testcase development
now. I will start to outline and implement some testing framework tomorrow
through Friday.  Relevant fixes that do not involve i18n changes should be
backported to kst_1_0_branch, to become 1.0.1.

Remember, there should be no new features in HEAD until we have a proper test
framework with significant code coverage.  This includes at least regression
or unit tests for the following:
- PSDs
- Histograms
- Vectors
- Scalars
- Equations (done already)
- Events
- Plugins (the ones we ship)
- Anything else involving math

Eventually we will also need tests for:
- plot rendering
- label rendering
- kstfile handling
- data sources
- UI
- view objects
- printing
- elog

The faster we get through the first list of testcases, the faster we can get
back into development.