[Kst] ASCII data source bug

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Nov 23 02:59:52 CET 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 20:48, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 20:37, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> > So enzo is looking at an ascii file.
> > Without exiting kst, he re-generates the file (line lengths change, etc)
> > then he hits re-load.
> > Sometimes it reloads fine.  Sometimes it dies.
> >
> > Question: does the datasource know to re-generate the line lut on reload?
>
>    "dies"?  What happens exactly?  Reload actually deletes the entire
> source and creates a new one in the case of ASCII.

   I can't reproduce it here, but I do see weirdness when I copy a longer
ASCII file overtop of a shorter one.  It draws a very messed up looking plot,
which is quickly fixed by hitting reload.  shorter over longer works fine,
and same size works fine, although they both require a reload in order to
pick up the changes.