[Kst] kst on rh9

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 17 03:46:36 CET 2004

On November 16, 2004 08:40 pm, Matt Dobbs wrote:
> I'm playing with KST 0.99 for use in the APEX-SZ experiment online
> monitoring software.

Great!

> I installed kst on a standard redhat 9.0 system, and had to do the
> following to make it work:

rh 9.0.... not our favorite dist :-)

> --> the configure file didn't find my Qt installation, so it needed to
> be guided:
>
>     ./configure --disable-debug --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
>     --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt-3.1/include/
>     --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib/

Interesting.  Haven't seen that, but this is obviously a reasonable fix.

> --> there were errors with the doc/fr/Makefile, which reported:
>     " /usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
>     index.docbook:30: error: Entity 'traducteurSimonDepiets' not defined
>     &traducteurSimonDepiets;  "
>
>     I simply editted doc/fr/Makefile by removing everything after "all:
>     "   and after "install: "
>     which effectivley disables the doc/fr. (I'm assuming this removes
>     french documentation and doesn't affect the code itself(?))

Correct.  If you don't need french, don't worry about it.

> Now that KST running, it's a blast-- haven't applied it to anything
> concrete yet, but already I'm finding I can do things that I always
> wished I was able to do. Two thumbs up so far.

1.0 should be out next week.  We think it is even cooler....
We'd appreciate feedback like this on 1.0 installation (if you end up with
problems) so we can note it on the web page.

What are you using for data format?