[Kst] GNOME causes Kst crashes

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Nov 8 15:36:12 CET 2004

   After spending almost 10 hours trying to debug strange Kst crashes, I've
managed to determine that the cause of the problem was that it was running
under GNOME.  There seems to be a major session manager bug in GNOME on
RedHat 9 at least which kills Kst.  Switching to KDE makes the bug go away,
switching to GNOME brings it back again.  I also noticed several other very
strange bugs(crashes) on that machine that I didn't notice elsewhere.  For
now I recommend running Kst only under KDE, and if we receive any crash bugs
under other platforms, that can't be reproduced under KDE, I'm tempted to
close them immediately.