[Kst] Patch for 92603, 92610

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Nov 3 23:23:42 CET 2004

  Regarding the maximize problem, the patch looks good, please commit.

  Regarding the crash, indeed my patch was wrong, but I see problems with this
one too.  The rc == 0 part was handled quite badly by my code, but it fixed
an existing bug in that code too.  For one, your patch doesn't set the
_parent to null in removeChild() in the case that it's a direct descendant.
I also don't understand why the children are only removed if there is a
parent.  Is there a problem with KstTopLevelView receiving this somehow?  I
wish I could see the backtrace for this.  (I don't have enough time to
generate one right now.)  Anyway, I have a new suggested patch for this based
on what you changed.  Does this help?  If it works and you like it, feel free
to commit it.  Otherwise I'd like to see more details.  It's hard to know
what's wrong without a description or backtrace.

Note: I'm in the airport right now.  I won't be able to review any more
patches until around 4am EST.

Note2: Please send patches separately for different bugs.  It was hard to sort
out which part belonged to which bug.