[Kst] Patch for 92604
staikos at kde.org
Wed Nov 3 03:46:24 CET 2004
On Tuesday 02 November 2004 19:46, Andrew Walker wrote:
> This fixes a bit more than just 92604.
> it also saves settings for the auto save configuration (which will be
> over-ridden by the settings in any kst file that is loaded) and fixes the
> missing ysize for the autosave settings in the kst file.
- why move the connections out of the .UI file? It's so much easier to
maintain them with designer. I don't see a need to do this.
- i18n changes break the string freeze
- setURL() - several issues:
- This code is -almost- KIO clean. The changes you add will have to be
removed in order to preserve that.
- I don't think checking if the directory exists is a good idea. For
instance, if a directory isn't mounted, then the user will lose his path
before he has a chance to mount.
- kstautosaverc - we should name the group "Images" instead of "AutoSave" I
think, since we may have other autosave items in the future. The "AutoSave"
prefix on all the keys is very redundant too. (note: kconfigeditor makes
this more apparent - it's not just "internal" anymore)
Note: during freezes, unnecessary changes should not be made. If there is a
bug to fix, do the minimum to fix the bug and no more. This means formatting
changes, moving things between files, etc...
I think this fix should wait until 1.1, if for no other reason than the
KDE Developer http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc. http://www.staikos.net/
More information about the Kst