[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri May 28 18:57:27 CEST 2004

On May 28, 2004 12:28, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> On May 28, 2004 04:12 am, George Staikos wrote:
> > CVS commit by staikos:
> >
> > finally track down most of the mouse zoom handling issues.  very tricky,
> > and I think this event handling code from KstView should be completely
> > rethought. I started refactoring some of it but it clearly isn't working
> > too well.
>
> We need to be results driven here.  The old-view mouse handling worked very
> well from the user's perspective; the corner cases had been nailed and it
> was as far as I am aware, bug free.  I suspect that it is tricky because it
> is tricky.  As you are aware, what clicks, moves, and releases mean is
> dependent on what mode you are in, where you are, where you have been, and
> whether various modifier keys are pressed.  While it behaves in a very
> intuituve manner from the user's perspective, it is rather nasty for us.
> So be it.... My conclusion was that the complexity was so great that trying
> to wrap it up in a set of classes was going to be hard at best.  So it was
> done in an explicit brute force way....

  It's like that now too, I just refactored some of the repeated code into
different functions, but it's still confusing to work with.  Some of it has
to change because it (2d plots) just works differently now, but basically I
think it's working as is.  All that remains is to add in the label mode and
the rest of the actions.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/