[Kst] Thankyou for kst

Lee Matheson matheson at eumetsat.de
Mon May 10 22:08:24 CEST 2004

Hello,

Thank you for making available your plotting package "kst".  We have been evaluating different data plotting packages at EUMETSAT, for the purpose of examining the historical (offline) METEOSAT-8 SEVIRI Instrument Housekeeping data.  The requirement to be able to examine very large quantities of telemetry data (millions of data points) lead me to look at "kst".

I successfully installed "kst" at home, on my SuSE-8.2 Linux "fitted" PC (Athlon-900, 256MByte RAM) and "kst" works very well.

Please, I have a couple questions about inputing data to kst:

1.  I have been unable to get "kst" to ignore the first line of a data file, where the first line consists of text (which identifies the telemetry identities of the various columns).  Is there a way to specify that "kst" ignore this first line of text (or alternatively use the first line as a label)?  (Sample attached).

2.  Is there a "date" format that "kst" will accept ?  I have tried many different dates as input, but I have been unsuccessful to get "kst" to accept an input date value.

Thank you again for making this package available.

Best regards,

Lee Matheson
SEVIRI Instrument Operations Preparation Engineer.
http://www.eumetsat.de